Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Baby G

We were so excited to tell our immediate family at graduation that we were expecting a baby. When we found out, it was almost impossible to keep it a secret. Nick would give me a goofy grin anytime something was mentioned about babies and I was worried people would find out very early on. We both did pretty well with keeping it a secret. I was the first person to flub to someone - when my best friend asked me at work if I was pregnant. I didn't know what to do, so I told her to meet me outside and I would answer her. We walked outside of the building and she screamed when I told her. I was excited that she would know, but I basically threatened her and swore her to secrecy. We also told Josh before he went into the MTC so he could hear it from us, since he would miss the announcement just a few days later.


We told our family after graduation. I had made candy leis for each of them, and I told Jake to record me giving gifts to everyone, and Nick had asked Molly to record on his phone. After giving everyone their leis, I handed Nick a t-shirt that read, "Graduating to Dad". I was about 10 weeks when we told them. Our families were so excited and that moment made it worth keeping it a secret. I even kept it from my mom, and I may have lied to a few people when they asked. Sorry! I was also able to tell my brothers the morning after graduation, which was bittersweet since we were moving so soon.

We waited to tell our extended family and friends until we knew things were a little more stable. Because we were moving all the way across the country, my insurance provider said that I should just wait to go in for my first appointments and tests until we had moved to Boston. Since I had no complications or awful symptoms, we waited until we had moved in to see a doctor. I was even more frustrated when after we moved in I had to wait another two weeks until my appointment. I felt like I'd waited long enough - I still didn't know anything about the baby and it didn't feel real yet. I was also super worried that something may be wrong, and I wouldn't know about it. Also, hormones don't help with the worrying and anxiety of not knowing what is happening and the stress of moving across the country.

We finally got into the doctor and I felt a lot better knowing that I was very healthy and had been taking good care of myself. We were able to hear a strong, consistent heartbeat at the doctor's and an ultrasound was scheduled for my 18th week. Knowing that everything seemed to be alright, we decided to announce to everyone that I was pregnant! We managed to keep it a secret until my second trimester. Luckily, I haven't had any morning sickness at all, and mostly I'm just exhausted all the time.

We're grateful for everyone's love and support and we hope that you'll love our munchkin as much as we do already. It's amazing thinking about what is about to happen in our lives and I'm so excited to be starting a family with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment